Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Dirty Dance Fighter


I love this comic from Scott Rodger’s book Level Up!. I also highly recommend it for anyone interested in designing games.  For my final project this semester I wrote a Game Design Document or GDD for short. Although there is no official way to write a GDD I used this book to help me create one.

This GDD is for my new game concept, Dirty Dance Fighter. Dirty Dance Fighter is a Street Fighter one-one fighting style game but in this game, the player battles their opponents using sexy dance moves instead of martial arts.

This GDD is not complete and will not be 100% complete until the build of the game is complete. GDDs should not be static, they should be a living document, allowing for iterations and improvements. The GDD should change and grow with the game. So this example of a GDD is just my initial thoughts of what should be included in Dirty Dance Fighter. Once I put together a development team, I would hold some brainstorming and collaborative sessions and create the next version of this doc.


No comments:

Post a Comment